Sunday 22 August 2010

Shiny Happy new stuff!

So, a few days ago, a Monday in fact,I  found myself lucky enough to be off work, but unlucky enough to be off work alone. It was the day my best friend went to visit her sister in England, my other best friend lives 2 hours away -which is no use,  and my other also very good friend was moving house, and of-course it was a Monday, so the majority of my phone book were working. This unfortunately equalled a lonely me. Which in turn meant a self pitying me. So, I thought to myself in a forceful and unfriendly manner, "what are you going to do today?! " "Well..." I answered " Im going to go shopping!".
Yes, I went shopping - alone. I won't lie, I quite enjoyed this experience of "flying solo". The only set back to my adventure was a limited supply of petrol, so instead of going to my main shopping town I went to a much smaller, much closer town.
"So get on with it, what did you buy?!" I here you ask.
Well. Firstly, I bought what is positively my favourite hand cream. Soap and Glory Hand Food. In the smell Marshmallow... yes, marshmallow!mmmmmm! For your viewing pleasure I will now insert a picture of said hand cream, and marshmallows for comparison.





This hand cream is the most effective I have ever used, it leaves my hands soft and smelling, well, edible, for a relatively long time! (Bought from boots from about £2.25 I think!)

next on my shopping list was loreal telescopic mascara. I had heard great reviews of this on make up videos, but sadly I was dissapointed. In its defence it is fantastic at lengthening, which i do want and enjoy, but I also feel that I need some volume too, but unfortunately this offered me none, it is perhaps because i bought the  clean definition version... but anyway, it has not gone to waste, I have been using it over my holy grail buxom lash to add length.

So, while I was at the loreal section of boots I noticed Cheryl Cole (or do we say Tweedy now?) looking back at me. She was telling me to buy one more product so that I could have her free box of make-up and such. Ofcourse, if Cheryl Cole asks you to do something, (especially if free make-up is in the equation) I say, do it! So I quickly found something that would fit the bill nicely. A loreal trio of grey, silver and black eyeshadow. Now I am normally a bronze and gold eyeshadow girl, but recently I have been tempted with these cooler colours. So I purchased it, and was pleasently surprised, it is very nice quality with a nice texture that isn't too chalky - I hate that!

In terms of the free gift I was pleased with its contents. It gave me three full sized products. A light gold, shimmer eyeshadow, a brown kohl pencil, a gold nailpolish, then a little pot of face cream, and a sachet of there matte mousse foundation - in a medium colour which is too dark for my near translucent skin.Hmph.

So in all, I was a happy customer with my baby shopping spree, and all for around £20. Not bad says I, not bad at all!

Jenni xx

No comments:

Post a Comment