Saturday 21 August 2010

routines routines routines

So here is yet another post today. As i'm sure you can notice I am trying to bulk this blog out!
So I thought I would write what make-up I have been putting on as my general every day make-up routine.

To start off - At the moment I have been using beauty flash balm from Clarins to begin (as inspired by beauty mecca's blog) Now, I love this, but I have to admit I think i am using it wrong! Ive been putting it on everyday which I think is too much for two reasons.
1. I believe this isn't an everyday moisturiser, and that makes me think it wont be as appreciated when I actually need it.
2. It costs a bloody fortune! Therefore using it every day will dramatically limit how long this will be in my possession!

Anywho, so as i said, i begin with beauty flash balm. I then put on neutrogena healthy skin foundation in classic ivory.  Unfortunately I dont believe you can buy this in the UK, I found it on a trip to New York (best week of my life!) and decided to stock up with a couple of bottles! This foundation is great for my skin, it leaves a nice glowy finish with a medium coverage.Perfect.

After this i apply a wee bit of mac strobe cream to my cheekbones. This is sooooo good!!

Then it is the turn of MAC's peaches blush. Oh. My. Goodness. This is the blush of all blush. The creme de la creme. You would think that it is just a plain flat peach blush, but no. It gives pale girls the perfect peaches and cream look, and darker girls that gorgeous peach "pop" ( i hate using that to describe make up, but hey, its true) to the cheeks.

I fill in my brows with just a rimmel pencil, then put on urban decays primer potion in sin - not in preparation for eye shadow, more so just to keep from my eyeliner smudging, I then use blacktrack fluidline on my top lashes in a flicky shape in an attempt to make my almond eyes look a smidgen bigger! To top all this off I put on lashings of bare esentuals buxom lash and some clear or pinky lipstick or lipgloss - which at the moment is Lancomes marshmallow juicy tube - yum.

This is my basic make up routine for days when i have work or am not doing anything special. I will save a more elaborate routine for another day me thinks!

Jenni xx

No comments:

Post a Comment